Re(2): Re(2): [PyrNet-L] Perhaps you can help

All it's ever taken to deter Paddington from areas we don't want him to go
is some kind of reminder. He won't even push a door open if we don't close
it securely, unless something really dire is happening the other side
(squirrels on his deck etc.) The one exception is the vegetable garden. If
I leave the gate open, he finds all that fresh dirt irresistible! Ivy Rose
is another story! In the first few days we had her, we were filling in
gaps we'd never known were there, and certainly never thought a pyr would
get through! Someone suggested that hot red pepper (cayenne) sprinkled
around was a deterrent. I sprinkled it around the rose bed because she
loved digging there, but five minutes later there she was, digging in the
cayenne, so I fenced the roses in too. She'd really laugh at the idea that
a baby gate would stop her!
Ann, Peg, Paddington and Ivy Rose