Re: [PyrNet-L] Health: Care:cats

 It seems
>that those of us who have dogs take better care of the cats we have then
>just plain cat people only.
>Dan R.
>Cody&Kira

Just thought I should speak out on behalf of 'cat people' here. :-)  My
sister is a 'cat person' - won't have a dog (though she does like them), but
adores her cats.  She has two Burmese who are probably even more spoiled
than my dogs (if that is possible! :-D).  They get the best in medical care,
the best of everything (including toys), and are worried over constantly.
They are trying to think of ways to keep them in the yard without having to
confine them to the house for their entire life.  One of the cats went
missing last week (she was wearing a collar and tag).  My sister cried the
whole time she was missing and letterbox dropped probably two whole suburbs
with 'missing' flyers, and rang vets and welfare organisations constantly to
check if she was there (She turned up two days later, dropped off a little
suspiciously at the front of their house by a car).  My sister is only one
example of caring 'cat people' that I know.  I guess what I am saying is,
just like dog owners, there are good ones and bad ones.  It doesn't pay to
generalise.

Tracy Bassett
espinay@dynamite.com.au
Canberra, Australia