Re: [PyrNet-L] Health: Care:cats

In a message dated 5/27/99 7:34:07 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
woodskk@eburg.com writes:

<< As for the cats coming into your yard, aren't there cat deterrents of
 some
 sort available >>

   First let me state that I AM a cat lover and have taken in many, many
stray cats and given them a loving home (probably close to 25 ) which always
includes getting them spayed/neutered and their vaccinations and worming when
needed and any other needed vet care. There was one cat that was very wild
that one of our neighbours claimed used to be one of their kittens. (Yes, we,
too have THOSE kinds of neighbours who do not believe in getting their pets
spayed/ neutered and their needed vet care/vacs, etc.)  After their cat had
kittens and they got tired of buying food for all of them they simply shooed
them away and sprayed them with hoses to get the kittens to go away!! The
result was that one of their cats became very wild and vicious and scared of
people. Most of the others probably died horrible deaths by coyotes or cars
or disease. This vicious one would fight my cat for their food and I spent
well over $300 getting my cat sewed up afterwards.  I tried the hose and high
power squirt guns to no avail. We tried live animal traps and only succeeded
in getting our own cats.  Finally after years the cat must have died or been
shot. It suddenly quit coming around.  It was horribly upsetting to see my
cat terribly torn up by this cat.  Especially when I'd gladly have fed him
and taken care of him... he did not need to fight my cats. Other cats came
and shared our home and food during this time and got lots of love and care.
He was simply turned vicious because of what ignorant heartless humans had
done to him.
   Anyway, Dan, I understand your frustration!  And I would try hoses or high
powered squirt guns or live animal traps. They usually work.  Except with one
as ornery as this one was.

:)  &  :)```   (me grinning & Albert grinning & drooling!)

See Albert's photo at:
http://www.sonic.net/~cdlcruz/pyr-l/pyrlpix3.htm#Albert

Janice Vocke
MagEBroD@aol.com