Re: [PyrNet-L] Health: Care: Epilepsy

On 3 Jun 99, at 11:58, Carol Brescher Boyle wrote:
> A word about food. If you are not preparing the food yourself
> you don't have a clue as to what is in that bowl. You might be
> buying the same "bag" but manufacturers change formulas all
> the time as different grains/sources become available. So
> don't rule food out as the possible culprit.

I have to agree with Carol on this.  If you don't prepare the food you
really don't know what's in it.  Labels don't always tell you what's in
it.  If using a tradition dog food I would at least try going to a food
with what is now termed "human grade ingredients" and stay away
from pet grade ingredient foods.  Another thing if tests were done
what are the thyroid tests showing?  I've heard of more than one
dog having seizures resulting off of hypothyroidism or worsening
when the thyroid starts to gradually go hypo.

Janice, janices@jump.net
Admiral & Linsey (newfs), Bianca & Sonny (pyrs)
http://www.jump.net/~janices/
Leander, TX