Re: [PyrNet-L] Health: Care: Epilepsy

Dan,

Your description is frightening. The one mistake we made with
Cajun is delaying total veterinary intervention. I think that
it is very important that you do some serious investigation now
and try to find the real cause of these seizures, or make the
commitment to do the pheno. Delaying can possibly cause brain
damage.

To help you start, you are seeing some kind of a time pattern,
in both the time of month and time of day. And you are seeing
them getting worse. I believe this may be part of the patterning
on the brain, and if it gets to the point where one side of
the brain starts mirroring the other, the seizures can and
probably will get MUCH worse.

A word about food. If you are not preparing the food yourself
you don't have a clue as to what is in that bowl. You might be
buying the same "bag" but manufacturers change formulas all
the time as different grains/sources become available. So
don't rule food out as the possible culprit.

On loss of bladder control:  Does the urine have a vile odor?
If it does, it might indicate an overload of toxins in the
dog's body. What are you cleaning the house or office with,
what chemicals are you or your neighbors dumping on the lawns.
Dogs walk a lot closer to the ground than we do, and suffer
more of the fumes and toxins in our environment.
How about the water you give him. Have that checked. Its good
for your family too.

Sit down and list all of the things that you can remember about
each of the incidents. Even the most mundane, insignificant
thing can help solve this riddle.

In the meantime, try to clean up both his internal and external
environment. And I must confess, while I am a believer in the most
natural way to deal with problems and will prefer a holistic
approach when possible, I feel that you may be pushing the edge
of the envelope on this. I wouldn't wait too much longer. Either
work like mad to find the cause, or do the meds. Delaying is
only hurting Cody, and you.

Please feel free to email me privatley if you think I can help
you find the trigger for the seizures.

But I really wouldn't wait much longer.

--
  Carol
 Carol Brescher Boyle                Improving the health of our dogs,

 Need a wholesome dog-friendly recipe? See the "Recipe of the month"
        at the our web-site http://www.naturaldogfood.com