[PyrNet-L] French pix

My eyes are really opened now to re-read earlier posts. Something that has
confused me Joe for years now and you mentioned it, "Neon has very small
slanted eyes." Help me on this one because I have seem Pyrs with such small
slanted eyes looking extremely oriental that I have wondered if this is
correct or not. Almond shape sure, set obliquely. On the other hand have
seen, owned, bred sometimes the rounder eye, looser eye, tighter almond eye.
I realise the shape of the eye can give that lovely, dreamy expression but
what if the dog looks half asleep on it's feet and totally spaced out?? Only
one aspect of the Breed I know but if the eye is "not correct" then the true
expression is lost so I've heard? Rather than "half asleep" I prefer the
more kindly, benevolent expression which also needs the corners of the mouth
to be "smiling" too.
Have also noted a more blockier look to the muzzle which gives a squared off
impression, I do not like it. How can the muzzle taper if it's "squared
off"?? Hope I haven't managed to confuse anyone more than I can confuse
myself?
Jan
Jan Chaplin Ariege-Roussillon Pyreneans
visit PMDC Site at http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/Zoo/6339/