Re: [PyrNet-L] French pix

Hi everyone,
We just got back after being out of town and have finally gotten to
Pyrnet e-mails.  What a great discussion on the French dogs and the
correct Pyr!  Jan, Cindy and Joe, your remarks on the correct eye made
me start thinking.  As one who has been around long enough to have seen
some pretty ugly droopy eyes in Pyrs of the past, I have to admit that I
do prefer a smaller eye.  I went back and looked at the Illustrated
Standard at www.gamerz.net/pyrnet/is/is1.htm  The U.S. Standard says
that the eyes should be "medium sized"  Do you  think that the eyes in
the picture of the correct eye and expression are "medium sized"?  I
have begun to wonder whether some of the eyes we are seeing are too
small.  It seems to me that some dogs do have eyes that are so small
that they lose expression. I wonder if this is another case of going
overboard in reaction to large, droopy eyes....if small is good, is tiny
better?
My 2 cents worth a bit late.
Charlotte