Re: [PyrNet-L] Dwarfs

In a message dated 6/4/99 8:42:12 PM Eastern Daylight Time, ARIEGE@xtra.co.nz
writes:

<< Interested in the mutant factor?? >>

Genes occasionally mutate.  It is normal or at least frequent.  I have not
heard from any other countries that have dwarfs.  So if we only have it here
in North America, one might postulate that it was a mutant gene.  I am told
it is a simple recessive gene, so would lend itself to this mutation.  The
good news is that since it is simple recessive gene, we can stop it by not
breeding those known or suspected animals.  Anybody think that is going to
happen?

Joe