Re: [PyrNet-L] Our Pyrenees

On 9 Jun 99, at 9:46, LauriLight@aol.com wrote:

>  An electronic fence frightens and rather
> repels me as I'm as finicky about his hair as I am my own!  Will be sure
> to post a photo of my baby with a crab hanging from his nose if (god
> forbid) it ever happens! As for his eyes..... he looks much like the
> photos I've seen of the champions.... Although his eyes are not small, not
> at all.  They are just simply beautiful....  very dark brown, rimmed in
> black, with long black eye lashes..... Given that I got him because I
> wanted a baby-mate-companion, with breeding or show only an 'idea' we are
> a perfect match. and ooo yea... right now he is eating 6 cups of dry food

Lauri,
If he is going to remain intact, then some type of good fencing is a
must.  Have you considered a good size dog run for Herc to exercise
and run in, with shelter from the elements?  Then when you are
outside with him, he can be on lead and with you.  An intact dog is
going to roam, period!

Am I harping, YES! <vbg>  I am involved with pyr rescue and everyday
I see what happens with pyrs who are allowed to roam. The minute your
back is turned Herc will take off and these pyrs don't know what
coming when called means. If they do, they just might decide, they
will get back to you later <g>.

Judith
jsmiller@newmex.com
Taos, New Mexico