Re: [PyrNet-L] Our Pyrenees

my goodness!  WET soggy Pyr!  ARG Grooming is still a struggle, although Herc
will stay still if I have my legs wrapped around his lower torso and hold his
front with one hand (if the visual makes you laugh, imagine the reality!).  I
think I'll keep the focus on him being an indoor dog, with walks for exercise
and forego the fencing for now.  He is showing an inclination for this right
now so we'll keep our fingers crossed.  The new house is bordered by water in
the back, woods in the front, a right of way on the left and a small cove on
the right-the property line does not quite extent to that side.  Thus,
putting up a fence would give the property a 'closed' and much smaller look,
something we are not inclined to do as it is such a serene environment.  An
electronic fence frightens and rather repels me as I'm as finicky about his
hair as I am my own!
Will be sure to post a photo of my baby with a crab hanging from his nose if
(god forbid) it ever happens!
As for his eyes..... he looks much like the photos I've seen of the
champions.... Although his eyes are not small, not at all.  They are just
simply beautiful....  very dark brown, rimmed in black, with long black eye
lashes.....
Given that I got him because I wanted a baby-mate-companion, with breeding or
show only an 'idea' we are a perfect match.
and ooo yea... right now he is eating 6 cups of dry food daily, with
countless cookies (doggy treats) tossed in for good behavior.  Our latest
challenge is convincing him that the couch isn't a 'step' just because he can
step up on it!
Lauri & Hercules :-)