[PyrNet-L] Nasty Virus Making the rounds

I know I normally flame people for doing this, but we have a legitimate
email virus making the rounds...  If you get a message from *anyone*
that looks something like

         Hi {Recipient Name}!

         I received your email and I shall send you a reply ASAP.

         Till then, take a look at the attached zipped docs.

         bye

and has an attachment, DO NOT open it.  It is doing nasty things to
people using MS outlook, outlook express, and exchange.  It has already
forced the shutdown of a number of larger companies.

The virus installs itself and does some nasty file deletions.  Then when
anyone sends you a message, it autoresponds with the message above,
attaching itself to the message.  Very very nasty.

My company, Sendmail, Inc., currently has no fix for it (we can't prevent
the spread of it... yet), but some of the anti-virus companies do have
patches that will prevent it getting run/installed.

This is a serious warning.

Richard

--
 /  \__  | Richard Rognlie / Sendmail Consultant / Sendmail, Inc.
 \__/  \ | URL:    http://www.gamerz.net/rrognlie/