Re: [PyrNet-L] RE: Anais at 4 months

Hi!

Here's a first time Pyr owner's 6 week report:

Anais is wonderful!  She still literally bounces off the walls and is completely
absorbing to watch.  Who needs a TV!

She is afraid of nothing!  She plays with (read attacks) our 150 pound Irish
Wolfhound any time that she is not resting up from playing with him.  We have to
step in when the play gets too rough, but she never backs off or feels
intimidated.  In fact, we often have to defend him from her.

We have started obedience classes and she walks (heels) pretty well in class,
although not in real life situations.  She understands "sit" and will do so for
a treat or before being let out of her crate or pen although she needs "help" in
class.  She's learning not to bite, especially not to bite hard, but it's pretty
hard for her to resist <G>.

My biggest problem is still how to get the dirt off her chin and chest and
forelegs!  She gets up fairly clean, and I can brush any remaining dirt from the
night before out until she takes her first drink of the morning.  From that
point on she is a dirt magnet and is caked with mud by bedtime.  This seems to
occur miraculously, whether or not she is anywhere that there is any dirt!  The
dirt can't be washed out and it can't be brushed out until she is thoroughly dry
the next morning!  HELP!  There has to be a way to deal with this!  I've asked
this before, but really, what is the best way to clean them up when you need to
take them somewhere, short of a full bath?

Stephanie & Anais