Re: [PyrNet-L] Chat: Heat!

On 13 Jun 99, at 8:17, Tracy Bassett wrote:

> You could try dampening her down with some water on the belly, 'underarms'
> and paws (not all over).  Or giving her ice cubes to munch on (make great
> cheap treats in summer - mine come running when the hear the rattle of ice
> cube trays!).  How about a wading pool or a water sprinkler to stand under
> and play with?  (Some like this, others not).

Walmart Garden Centers carry a mister that can be attached to a
garden hose.  The mister is curved pvc pipe  in the shape of an 'S'
or snake like, in bright colors.  I've used it when I have a dog in
the outdoor kennel under a shade cloth.  Keeps it nice and cool for
them.  But then we live in a dry climate also.

Judith
jsmiller@newmex.com
Taos, New Mexico