Re: [PyrNet-L] size

Wow, I was amazed to find that you had so many Maremma's there.  I
understand that they are very good at what they do, smaller than the
Pyrs., and while they like people, are extremely hard headed about
listening to humans at all!  I can see why you would be worried about
this!  The average person can't relate well to the dogs they have, I
shudder to think of them dealing with a dog that has absolutely no desire
to play second fiddle to a human!  Malamutes are really popular there
too?  Funny how that happens.  We have Chows galore in this town ( pop.
about 14,000 ), evidently it was a trend, now everyone and their Mother
is doing Labs.
( Labs. are always popular, but this is like people have no ideas that
there is any other breed of dog but a Lab. )  Some times I don't
understand humans...maybe it is why I prefer the company of my dogs?

I had to chuckle at the thought of an I. W. standing in a flock of sheep
( well...he could see over them ), quite an amusing picture.

Of course on the other hand, when you see my friends Pyr. ( litter mate
to ours ) standing guard over her herd of P. B. Pigs, or mine happily
standing over their chickens, size is obvious!  Dogs do adapt so well!
Don't we just love our guys?   Cindy.

Cindy Henke
clhenke@juno.com
Ennis, Texas