[PyrNet-L] size

Can't see either why you should have soundness problems Ruth after all the
work you have done in x-raying, checking studs etc. It's the people who
don't do these things and who think their bitch should have a litter because
she'd make a lovely mother who don't do their homework and breed and sell
poor quality pups with no comeback and then those pups are indiscriminately
bred from and so it goes on. Have also had eye checks done for PRA when the
chance arose. We all at one time or another have some health problems with
the Breed but we don't go out looking for them, rather to avoid them but
there they are and that's also how we learn.  Does the top winning show dog
make the best stud dog? We can't all have access to the top winner but I
would imagine the Breeders/Owners of this(these) dogs have done their
homework too, Having the chance to see Pyrs in other countries is a bonus
and a nice feeling to come home and look at your own and feel quite
confident that your's would match up with their's anyday and maybe more?
I don't think breeders necessarily shrink the size of their dogs Cindy, more
a choice of being able to access bloodlines where height is a proven factor
but to only go for that may mean you lose out on other things that you place
importance on such as soundness and movement. It's all a matter of blending
and reading what Ruth says and Barb too this can take many years of learning
along with commonsense and advice. It's important too when importing dogs to
ensure that you know as much as possible about the Kennels you are importing
from and how those lines will suit your already existing ones. This is much
easier these days compared to what Mary Crane had to do all those years ago.
Jan
Jan Chaplin Ariege-Roussillon Pyreneans
visit PMDC Site at http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/Zoo/6339/