Re: [PyrNet-L] size

  Does the top winning show dog
> make the best stud dog?

You struck a chord here with me on this - the answer is no, not always.
I am currently looking for a stud for a litter for next year, I know of
at least 3 dogs in the top 10 that match up with my bitches faults and
would not be suitable for her, tho on paper they look wonderful.

> I don't think breeders necessarily shrink the size of their dogs Cindy, more
> a choice of being able to access bloodlines where height is a proven factor
> but to only go for that may mean you lose out on other things that you place
> importance on such as soundness and movement. It's all a matter of blending
> and reading what Ruth says and Barb too this can take many years of learning
> along with commonsense and advice. It's important too when importing dogs to
> ensure that you know as much as possible about the Kennels you are importing
> from and how those lines will suit your already existing ones. This is much
> easier these days compared to what Mary Crane had to do all those years ago.

Jan, you hit the nail on the head here - know and learn as much as one
can before one breeds or imports but, I want to add - check everything
twice.

Lisa