Re: [PyrNet-L] size

In a message dated 6/14/99 10:24:15 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
ARIEGE@xtra.co.nz writes:

<< Can't see either why you should have soundness problems Ruth after all the
 work you have done in x-raying, checking studs etc.  >>

Ruth is a good example of why you can produce a consistently large dog that
has all the other qualities we want, i.e., soundness, etc.

The smaller dog we all talk about happened in the hands of the most talented
breeder in the history of the breed in North America.  They happened to
prefer the smaller more compact dog.  Their gene pool was so important that
it now influences us all to a much larger degree than most of you will ever
know.

I can assure you that Ruth is now rich in this gene pool, but she was able to
keep the size she wanted (demanded?).  The same can be true for the rest of
us if we work on it.  It is not easy with either a large or small dog to
breed quality consistently in what ever area we want.

Joe