Re: [PyrNet-L] ethics - was size

Carol Brescher Boyle wrote:

> Years ago I took a bitch to Frankie Glover .... I always
> admired the way she handled it. She gave me this information,
> and had I continued breeding, this information would be
> valuable to me, to my breeding program and to the breed in
> general.
Carol, Frankie was probably the one person who helped us most when we
first became interested in Pyrs.  She was always willing to help with
information about the breed, health, grooming, breeding, etc.  She was
very honest about her dogs and any problems they had in their
background.  However, I do remember the time a prominent Pyr breeder
visited from another part of the Country.  Fankie, as usual, was very
honest about her dogs.  The visitor went home and spread the word that
Frankie had terrible dogs with all kinds of faults!  Unfortunately,
there are those people who feel the need to tear down others and their
dogs.
Charlotte