Re: [PyrNet-L] Chat: Heat!

   Many places will give you free ice cubes or water if you tell them it is
for an over-heated dog.  Or at the very least they will charge you about 10 -
12 cents for the cup.   If you bring in your own container it is often free.
I always carry a gallon or so of water in my vehicle.  I found out another
handy way to get your dog drinks of water:  many will drink right out of a
drinking fountain,  (good reason to teach your kids not to put their lips on
the metal part!!) or barring that,  the baggies I carry for poop-scooping
work great as an emergency water dish if held in your hand.  But the thing I
use the most is a squeeze bottle of water.  If it is going to be really hot,
freeze one and take two!
Janice Vocke
MagEBroD@aol.com