Re: [PyrNet-L] Jeannie Smith

In a message dated 6/16/99 8:38:17 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
dgg@star-telegram.com writes:

<< Longtime Pyr fancier and GPCA member Jeannie Smith passed away today in
 Texas. She was a member of the Dallas-Fort Worth Great Pyrenees Club and
 a former member of the Mile High GPC.

 Darrell Goolsbee
 Fort Worth, TX >>

We have lost a major friend to the breed and a wonderful person.  Jeannie
worked tirelessly on pedigrees.  She worked with Judy Brown on the
titleholders and was a major contributor the Great Pyrenees Annual for many
years.  Her health was very bad the past few years.  She told of how
depression had just a few years ago consumed her and left her in complete
desolation.  She poignantly described how she was rescued from her depression
by a Pyr pup given to her by Mary Lou Mayer.  The dog was her life and the
recipe for happiness for Jeannie.  To my knowledge Jeannie never had a
computer, but did it all pedigree research the old fashioned way.  Incredible
knowledge and a relentless drive to dig up those obscure pedigrees.

All of us that knew and loved her will grieve for her.  A sad day for me to
know of the loss of Jeannie Smith.

Joe