Re: [PyrNet-L] Question:

I have a question I hope some of you can give me some insight on:

I'm considering having Kane (my rescue dog) trained/taken to obedience classes. Has anyone here done that with their Pyre and if so, how did it work out?

The thing that worries me is that some trainers might use the dominance flip on Kane, and since he is a little weary of people anyway, that might be too much for him.

Tony Leopold

Make sure you thoroughly question any trainer/club about their methods before you sign up.  Go to one that uses motivational methods eg food/play training. Here is a site that may help you out.http://www.apdt.com/index.htm It is for the association of pet dog trainers.  This is the type of training I would look for.  That and/or someone who uses clicker training.

Tracy Bassett
espinay@dynamite.com.au
Canberra, Australia