Re: [PyrNet-L] Question:

>If so, the prospect of always having a clicker with me doesn't
sound....well
>lets say that would not be my preference. Isn't it just as easy to voice
>train a Pyre?

You can if you want use clicker training methods without the clicker (good
for people like me who keep losing them!).  Replace the click with a short,
easy to say word.  I use 'yes!'.  Not quite as foolproof as a click, but
very useful.  Make sure you are using it just as you would the click though,
ie to mark the behaviour you want as the behaviour occurs - not afterwards.
(as with the click, they also have to be taught what the word means first!
:-) )

Tracy Bassett
espinay@dynamite.com.au
Canberra, Australia