Re: [PyrNet-L] Hand signals?

>      Does anyone know of a website that either diagrams or describes the
>      hand signals commonly used during obedience training and competition?

Steve,

I haven't seen any websites for hand signals.

Many people use different hand signals for each exercise.  Any hand signal
is permissable as long as it "be a single, continuous gesture with one
hand and arm, and your hand must be returned to its original position
immediately."  Since signals vary from person to person, many books don't
go into detail about them but there is one book in particular that does:
"Competition Obedience:  A Balancing Act" by Judy Byron & Adele Yunck.
It'll will show you various signals and tell you more about obedience and
competition training than you may ever need to know.  Good luck!

Visit http://www.he.net/~jabby for information on the book and to order.
Go to http://www.dogpatch.org/obed/obpage3.cfm for more on obedience
competition.

David
  & Dixie, Chowmix (U-CD Dixie Over the Top, CGC)
    & Summer, Great Pyrenees (CH Summerhill Best Dim Sum)

"Life is a journey, not a destination."