[PyrNet-L] Need advice:

Well Kane's 1st evening went ok. Only had 1/2 of an accident on the rug! :-)

Took a long walk and played and petted.....

Here is my problem:

We put him in his crate at night and he cries and barks for 1/2 hour, then stops. Then 1 hour later he starts again....I think....hmmm.....wonder if he needs to go outside? But I don't want to go look at him b/c then he'll think he can cry and bark, then I'll come everytime.

So eventually I go in to look at him and he's made a #2 everywhere! So I take him out, he does not go, and we clean up the crate, but the blanket over the front, and he sleeps all night till about 5:30 he barks, so I take him outside to pee, then he goes back in for another hour.

So when do I go look at him to see if he needs to go to the bathroom and when do I ignore? I figure that if he starts making noises after he has cried about going in the crate to begin with, he needs to go. But can this lead to him "faking me out" and doing to just to see me and get out?

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite
you;  that is the principal difference between a dog and a man."
-- Mark Twain