Re: [PyrNet-L] Need advice:

for what its worth... my puppy wouldn't go easily into the crate (without
fussing if I forced it) if I didn't spend time socializing with him first.  I
also used the words 'go to bed' (always) when he went in, the 'down-stay'
command until he laid down and then put cookies (puppy biscuits) in with him
with much praise.
At 18 weeks of age he now goes into his crate with just the word bed.. (its
almost startling), lays down and gets his cookies.  We still do socializing
time tho!  He needs to taste half the house before he is comfortable enough
to go to bed.  His crate is located on a different floor than the bedroom
tho, because I wanted it to be in the room we spent the most time in and did
not want to worry about him on a long flight of stairs to get to the
bedroom.... He's doing great now, even spending quiet time in his crate
during the day-door open.
Hope it helps :-)  I love talking about my baby!

Lauri & Hercules