Re: [PyrNet-L] Health:Creatinine

Daniel Rice wrote:

> <<They seem to still be going towards Renal Disease even though his urine
> ( Second test in one week) sample is ok, but his bun (second test) is
> high should be 27 his is reading 55. One vet told me if it is
> Renal he won't make it for much longer and we should consider putting
> him down soon as it is very painful after it starts getting worse.>>

Hi.  I'm really sorry about Cody's health problems.  We recently lost an
Australian Shepherd from Renal Disease.  It was almost a year from the time
she was diagnosed until we finally let her go.  Over that year, there were
times that we thought we would lose her but she kept turning around and
improving.  My vet said there was no pain involved, but that she was
probably feeling "lousy" when her creatinine and bun levels were high.  She
got daily subcutaneaous fluid injections that helped to wash the toxins out
of her system as her kidneys should have done.  There is also a food made by
Eukaneuba for advanced stage kidney disease that she liked much better than
the Science Diet u/d and it seemed to help her feel better, too.   We'll
keep you and Cody in our thoughts & prayers.

Stephanie & Anais