Re: [PyrNet-L] CHAT, CARE: How to remove tree pitch/sap from Pyr's fur

>   Well, Albert did it this time!!  He got into tree sap/pitch and has it
all
>over his face and some of his other fur as well!!  What a mess!!  Really do
>not want to have to cut it out!!  Any suggestions anyone???? Would really
be
>thankful for any help anyone can give!!
>Janice Vocke

One of the BEST products ever invented for this type of thing is Eucalyptus
Oil. Can you get it there?  Eucalyptus oil is the type of product most
Australian households would not be complete without (rates up there with
Vegemite :-D). It is great for removing chewing gum or other goo from hair;
removing stickers from hard surfaces like glass or the fridge; it is used as
disinfectant for household cleaning (more environmentally friendly) and for
cuts/bites/scratches on humans and animals; it is great as an inhalation for
colds or rub it on your chest/on your tissue to help you breathe easier; it
is great in an oil burner to make the house smell nice (disguises doggy
odours!).  About the only thing you can't do with it is drink it! (not a
good idea :-D).  I would never be without it.  Hope this helps!

Tracy Bassett
espinay@dynamite.com.au
Canberra, Australia