Re: [PyrNet-L] Kane update

Our Pyr was 8 weeks old when we got her and was fully house trained in less
than 10 days.  She is now 5 1/2 months old and we have not had a problem in
months, nor do I expect to.  Every dog is different.  We did not crate train
and had a total of 2 accidents in the house the entire time we were training.
Don't let your guard down yet, but some dogs are just easy to train and Kane
may be one of them.  Margo certainly was.  You have asked about how long until
he should be able to go through the night.  At his age, he should be able to
because for a puppy the general rule of thumb is their age plus 1 to determine
the number of hours they can "hold it."  Margo goes out at about 10:30 at night
and doesn't wake us to take her out again until 6 or 6:30.  Kane may be going
more frequently to mark territory or related to the surgery.  I think he will
adjust quickly to going less frequently.  Adjusting feeding schedules can
soemtimes help out with this if it becomes a real problem.