Re: [PyrNet-L] Eyes & Dew claws

Dewclaws removed? My thought would be NO, don't do it.  And if you can, try
to find a vet who knows a bit more about Pyrs.

Tracy Bassett
espinay@dynamite.com.au
Canberra, Australia
    We just came back from the vet and he said that Sam's eyes have the
bottom lid that turns inward, creating an irritation (a genetic defect-
wanted to know if we wanted to return puppy-- NO WAY!)   He recommends
surgery to correct it--- any thoughts on that? Any one had it done? And
also, said that he should have both dew claws removed, which will be a
bigger deal now since he is 2 mos old....... I know some recommend that it
is done, others say leave them.. My question- what are the advantages vs
dis-advantages?

    Thanks,
    Merrilie