Re: [PyrNet-L] dewclaws/entropia

Jan wrote:
<<On the other hand has anyone out there managed to breed puppies with
single dewclaws such as I have done and if so, why does this happen?? I seem
to be the only one in this country over the years who has managed this but I
don't think I'm alone on this one. I don't have a problem with missing
dewclaws at all, it's just one of those things but I'd like to know why?
Doesn't even follow that it's in a bloodline.>>

Don't know about why, but I can tell you that my girl Halley has single
dewclaws (aw mum, don't tell them that!  They'll think I'm strange!).  She
was sold to me as a pet because of this (she is desexed) so no problem -
just a little odd when you are used to doubles.

Don't know if it is of any interest, but I do know of a mating that was done
around these parts (backyard breeder) between a dog with single dewclaws and
a bitch with doubles.  I do know that at least one of the puppies has
doubles (turned up in my puppy kindy class a while back) but can't say for
certain about the rest of the litter.

Tracy Bassett
espinay@dynamite.com.au
Canberra, Australia