Re: [PyrNet-L] Kane update part 2

A Buster Cube is "special" kind of toy. It is one that he must "work" to get the reward. You put food in it and as he rolls it around, the food drops out a little at a time. I used this toy for a bitch I had that was a chronic barker. It kept her busy, she didn't get bored and the incessant barking all but ceased! Teach him how to use it before you leave him alone with it. Also, try crating him for short periods of time, leave, then return. Start with 10 minutes and work your way up. It is probably due to his early upbringing but we often inadvertently encourage separation anxiety by making too big a fuss when we leave and when we return. When I come home from work the dogs all get really excited and start barking. I let them out but do not acknowledge or pet them until I am home for 5 minutes or more. I leave nonchalantly and return the same way.

Barb Bowes, NJ down at the shore!
Bo, Molly, Chelsea & Flopsy the Pyr Shep
bamb@monmouth.com