Re: [PyrNet-L] Kane update part 2

No matter what anyone says, crating is not for everyone, so if it
doesn't feel right to you, don't do it.  I have never crated a dog, and
I have always survived puppyhood and housebreaking just fine and I'm
sure you will, too, if you decide to stop using the crate.  However,
since you've made the investment in the crate, you may want to really
try going with shorter periods (like 15-20 minutes) and building to more
slowly.  I would definately work towards an indoor solution.  We do have
fencing and I won't leave my Pyr (about the same age as yours - 6 months
now) outdoors even I'm only going to be gone for 10 minutes.  It seems
that can never leave the house with Margo without someone stopping us
and asking what kind of dog she is and admiring how beautiful she is.  I
am scared that she is going to be taken from our yard at some point.

Best of luck with the puppy problem.  I'm glad you had a peaceful night.

Kris