Re: [PyrNet-L] BEHAVIOR: Crating & Kane Update #2

Tony Leopold wrote:

> FWIW, I don't use a conventional chain to "chain" Kane outside with. It is a
> heavy duty steal cord wrapped in a plastic coating.

Long before I had a fenced yard I used to tie my dog outside...that is until the
winter of 1983. I didn't use a chain, either. I used parachute cording...very
strong...I happened to look outside my kitchen window and noticed that my dog
was laying down and couldn't get up. I called to one of the kids to go check on
him..."Tony I" had the apparatus that he was tied with wrapped around one of his
hind legs...the circulation had been cut off and the leg was very cold...to make
a long story short...the leg never did recover and had to be amputated. I hate
to see dogs of any size or breed tied outside...at least when the chain, rope,
whatever, is secured to the ground and not above ground (from house to garage,
for example). I know the dangers of what can happen in a moment and the
heartache it causes not only to the animal but to you when a mistake is made or
an accident happens...

--
Michaelene & Savannah Leigh, neighborhood busy body,
Tony III, my companion, my protector, and