[PyrNet-L] Obedience school?

I have been calling around to get info- and it looks like it is divided as to whether or not it is food training.  So I am asking all you wonderful knowledgeable people.... which is the better way to go?  One of them also said something else that was of interest... not to use the pup's name in *bad* situations, for instance, one of them said that Sam should be on the move when I use his name- walking, come Sam,----not use it in negative situations or when correcting him, because it confuses him.  I have been doing *Sam, come- Sam, sit*.... and I do say *Sam, NO* and he responds equally to me. (Doesn't always stop what is NO.......:) and I am having a tough time today with the poop training... it's thundering and lightening like crazy!  He isn't afraid of it....yet.... and I don't really want him to become afraid.  And one other side note here... you know about what an airhead the breeder was/is..... I just found out also in addition to the genetic stuff, lack of shots, etc, that it is illegal to sell, trade or buy a puppy, kitten or any animal under 8 weeks of age!  Again, I had no clue........ and Sam just turned 8 weeks yesterday and we've had him for 2 weeks....... doesn't take a rocket scientist to do the math!  And 3 pups went before Sam did.....  man, the things I am finding out!

Merrilie