[PyrNet-L] Pyrs and Horses

My name is Steve and I have been lurking on the list for a few months.  I
have enjoyed the information that has been presented and used many of the
suggestions with my newf, Ali.  I came to this list because my next dog will
be a pyrs.  Now I come to everyone with a questiona friend asked me...She has
8 horses, 2 cats, 1 GSD, 2 Gordon Setters and a lab mix.  All of the dogs are
crated at night in a separate bedroom.  She lives on a 10 acre "farm" and
awoke one night last week to 2 of the larger horses running around their pen
as if they had just been spooked.  She has 4 young horses (all under 2 years)
in a separate pen who were all acting spooked, they broke out but came to the
house for safety.  She thinks a mountain lion may have taken up residence
somewhere on her property.  A friend had suggested a pyrs to her because of
their gaurdian traits.  We were wondering if anyone has had any experience
with pyrs and horses or mountain lions and pyrs.  Any information will be
helpful.

Thank you,

Steve, Ali and Sadie-the lab mix