Re: [PyrNet-L] Pyrs and Horses

In a message dated 6/29/99 2:22:40 AM EST, THill61132@AOL.COM writes:

<< We were wondering if anyone has had any experience
 with pyrs and horses or mountain lions and pyrs. >>

Well, we don't have any experience with mountain lions, but we do with horses
and pyrs.  When we got our first 3 pyrs, we had 2 horses living on our
property (along with goats, chickens, geese, and cats).  We were a little
concerned about the horses stepping on the pups, but soon everyone was living
in harmony.  Currently we have our older horse, who's 30, living at home.
He's a special case, as he's nearly blind.  Tanuki is doing very well with
him.  He watches out for the horse, and seems to know when the horse is
getting close.  While in the pasture, Tanuki keeps an eye on the horse and
goats.  He's learning his job well.

Our other horse is currently being boarded at a nearby stables (they have an
indoor arena, which has proved to be wonderful the winter time).  Last week I
took Baron out to the stables with me.  While going down the aisle of the
barn, he looked up at each horse that we came to.  Then we arrived at my
horse's stall.  As soon as Baron saw my horse, he jumped up on the door and
licked my horse on the nose.  It was nice that Baron remembered the horse,
and I think the horse remembered Baron.

Regards, Robyn with Baron, Tanuki, Zoe and Kes