[PyrNet-L] Chat, Care: Leaving your dog outside...

With permission from GSD-L...thought this might be relevant
given that we have been discussing leaving dogs tied outside
or in a fenced area while we are not at home...
***************************
Guys, it DOES happen... if you leave your dogs outside
when you're not home, they *do* get stolen sometimes.

  News story on the stolen -- and recovered -- Malinois.

 http://www.boston.com/news/daily/25/dog_found.htm

GSRNE has had calls this spring about GSDs that have
been stolen from their yards while their owners were at
work/dogs were outside. One dog was found eventually,
at a shelter, just in time. She can't jump fences,
and the fence was intact/gate shut, so she didn't
just escape.

The other GSD is still missing. :-( The gate locks were
broken,
the fence was 6 ft. tall. That dog has been left outside alone

for 2 years w/no mishaps, but she's gone now. You should
hear the owner sobbing on the phone line. :-( Two and a half
yr old female.

Please don't leave your GSDs outside in the yard if
you're not around, especially if you live in a somewhat
populated area. They're sitting ducks for anybody
who wants to try to take them. Just becuase it didn't
happen yesterday doesn't mean it couldn't happen today.

The owner of that missing GSD kept crying "but nothing
has ever happened before, I didn't know" - that does
her no good now, though. Prevention really is the best
policy for safety.

--
Michaelene & Savannah Leigh, neighborhood busy body,
Tony III, my companion, my protector, and

To a dog..."If there is no God for thee, then there is no God
for me." A.H. Branch

The puppers: http://www.30below.com/~innerpuppie/puppers
Tony II at the Bridge: http://www.bargraph.com/tony
Michigan Great Pyrenees Rescue: