Re: [PyrNet-L] Kane update part 4--Barking

Margo barks at the neeighbors getting ready to take their kids to school
in the mornings.  It's before 7am and an unacceptable hour for barking
in my mind!  We bring her in if a quick "HUSH!!!" doesn't do the trick.
This is the only time she is allowed out for very long and it's usually
cut sahort by her barking episode!  However, this is about the only
barking she does at 6 months old except for an occasional single warning
bark if she hears a stray cat on the porch at night.  Sometimes my
husband intentionally gets her rared up with a toy (our cats battery
operated mouse usually does the trick) abd then she will hardly stop the
barking, but it takes a lot to get her to that point!  However, I have
had breeders and other owners tell me that guardian instincts kick in
between 8 and 10 months old and that a non-barker can totally change
then.  I hope that's not Margo!  The only reservation we had about
getting a Pyr was the barking reputation and we decided we just had to
have her anyway and would deal with the barking issue if it came up.

Kris