Re: [PyrNet-L] Re: Leaving your dog outside...

We, too, are afraid that this will happen to our Pyr around here.  A few
weeks after we got her she became deathly ill and endured so much vomitting
that she became seriously dehydrated.  It ended up being an allergic reaction
to a new "treat" we had given her, we believe, but the entire way to the vet
ER, we were sure she had been poisoned.  I regularly have neighborhood kids I
don't know play with her at the park and then ask me where we live.  I always
lie.  I don't want her stolen or hurt.  A fourteen year old boy that says
repeatedly he wants his parents to get him a dog just like her and that he
has never seen another one may just decide he wants he regardless!  I am
probably being paranoid, but I feel like I'm being better safe than sorry.
Our neighbors had an elderly spaniel stolen out of their front yard Christmas
morning while they were opening presents!  Obviously someone needed a
Christmas gift fast and didn't seem to care that someone else would be LOSING
their dog Christmas morning.  The poor thing was elderly and in need of
regular medical care, which I'm sure it didn't recieve from soemoen who would
be willing to steal a dog out of someone's yard Christmas morning!  The kids
in yards adjacent to ours have had numerous lectures about how Margo gets
sick when she eats things she's to supposed to so to never feed her anything,
even things they would feed their own dogs!

Kris