RE: [PyrNet-L] Breeding

< With the GPC, this is easier said than done!  First of all, you have to
know two individuals (not from the same household) for at least a year, who
are in turn members of the GPC for at least 3 years.  While I applaud trying
to establish "serious" members to the organization, this also prohibits new
Pyr owners from joining, and generally fosters the view that the GPC is
something of a "closed society".>

(putting on my flame retardant underwear) vbg

Remember this is just my opinion! :-)

I have to say that as a new Pyr owner I do feel that there is no way I could
ever qualify for membership, though I would like to join a Pyr club. The
membership rules do make it very hard, if not impossible, for us join, and
does make it seem as though the national club wants a very "closed society".

It is not that I want to breed, because I don't. It's just that it makes me
feel closed off from an organization that could be of help to me in making
my Montana's life the best I can for him. The national, and even regional
organizations don't seem to want those of us who are not "breeders", those
of us who could use their expertise and knowledge of the breed, it's needs,
and it's behaviors. Until I found this list I felt totally isolated from the
rest of Pyrdom.

Marci and Montana Bear (Mom, you had me!)

marci.gruhlkey@asc.mhmr.state.tx.us