Re: [PyrNet-L] swimming/exercise

<<lot of our friends had Newfoundlands and we would go to the beach with
them and the Pyrs. Important though if swimming at the beach to hose the
salt
water out of the coat. We don't have a beach near us in the Wairarapa so we
have been to the river with the dogs but no young ones because of the
rocks.>>Jan

I would love to swim my dogs regularly - have always believed it is an
excellent form of exercise.  I am about 3 1/2 hours from the beach here, the
dam is not deep enough for swimmimg (belly height at most), I don't have a
pool, there are no dog hydrotherapy centres within three hours drive, and
the places on the river where we are allowed dogs are either too rocky, too
shallow or too crowded (and this time of year, too ccccold! :-D).  Stymied
at every turn!  And the dogs love it so much when they get the chance! :-D

Tracy Bassett
Canberra, Australia
espinay@dynamite.com.au
http://members.dynamite.com.au/espinay/index.htm