Re: [PyrNet-L] One of those day?

Just to reiterate what others have said, Merrilie....a crate, if you
aren't using one already, lots of very short training sessions
incorporated into ordinary activities, and don't tolerate the biting at
all. He's going to be much too big and strong for you to let him get away
with any of that. We *did* find that rolling him on his back, not harshly
or in anger, and holding him there, was the only thing that stopped
Paddington biting at us sometimes....and there's not a mean or shy bone in
his body, so it worked for us. Our trainer showed us how to do it
correctly, along with what she called "kitchen training"--lots of little
fun things during the day that taught the basic commands, and tons of love
and praise whenever he accomplished something we wanted.
It sounds as if you are already signed up for a puppy kindergarten class.
Can you talk to the instructor ahead of time, tell her/him some of the
problems you are having, and get some help? Having someone actually see
the puppy and demonstrate some of the techniques can help. One book you
might get, if you don't already have it, is "Mother Knows Best," by Carol
Benjamin.
Good luck!
Ann, Peg, Paddington and Ivy Rose.