Re: [PyrNet-L] walking with the dog.

On 12 Jul 99, at 17:19, Merrilie wrote:

> I found this out as well..... he just *QUITS* and it was *if you want to
> go home, carry me, mama*... also, I discovered his pads were quite red and
> sore, no doubt..... I felt really bad, cause I am sure the sand and
> pavement was hot.......... I just didn't think, I guess. I really didn't
> think we had walked very long or very far.... but I was wrong.

My main concern about walking young pups who have not completed their
vaccinations, is the threat of Parvo and Distemper.  Mine are all
carried into the vets until their last Parvo vaccination. Kept at
home until then, unless we visit friends for socialzation, where I
know the dogs are current on vaccinations. Any where else I take
them, they are carried if it is a public area where other dogs have
been.

Judith
jsmiller@newmex.com
Taos, New Mexico