Re: [PyrNet-L] biting

I'm glad I didn't have Belinda and Paddington, Jan! But he's grown up to
be a real sweetie too. One of the major factors in that was Shelley's
arrival when Paddington was about 18 months. She'd had two litters, was
boss bitch in her kennel, and wasn't going to take any nonsense from this
young one. On the other hand, she had endless patience with him, played
with him at times when her preference would have been to snooze, and he
for his part grieved her death as I have never seen a dog grieve. His
relationship with Ivy Rose is quite different--they're close to the same
age, and she's the more exuberant of the two. But seeing first Paddington
and Shelley together, and now our boy with Ivy Rose, we have new
appreciation of the potato chip factor! I'm not sure I'd ever be up to
what Cindy is doing--raising four puppies together--but the companionship
they give each other is remarkable.
Ann, Peg, Paddington and Ivy Rose