Re: [PyrNet-L] Question about food - other high protein concerns

In a message dated 7/13/99 8:27:06 AM EST, pyreau@erols.com writes:

<< Aside from the growth rate, I
 really don't believe that Pyrs, as a low- metabolism low energy breed,
 do well on the high energy and high protein and fat foods required by
 high-energy dogs. >>

Thanks for the detailed discussion.  Guess the majority of people are familar
with the "smaller", high-energy dogs, as opposed to dogs such as pyrs.
Generally, our guys get mostly adult food - even Zoe, so the protein level
isn't all that high.

Have another question regarding high protein food.  With our wether goats, we
feed a lower protein food because high protein feed can cause higher
incidents of urinary track stones.  Do dogs (particularily males) suffer from
the same thing with high protein food?

Thanks, Robyn