Re: [PyrNet-L] walking with the dog.

rob en monique raymakers wrote:
Hi,

>  Our pyr Bohdy is 3 months old now and we are walking with her 3 times
> a day,15 minutes each time.Is this too long or is it good?And when can
> we go for a longer walk with her?We know it's not good for the dog to
> walk long distances when she's young.But we do not know how long at
> what age we can walk with her.We hope you all can tell us more!

 Lots of opinions. Not sure if this is wrong or right but I just feel my
guys seem to know when it was time to sit down. Codys legs and hips are
great and we take him on trips hiking all day. As a pup we gave him the
choice and took in mind his age and the weather. To long a walk, I ask
you this when out playing how long before rest time ? Did you try just
walking up and down the street and see how long before he starts to slow
down or stops. Yes we stopped often for him to see the sites and rest
or to say hello and play with the kids. as most of the time he would do
this himself. Each of the dogs we have had over the years seem to pick
there own pace and time to stop even had a guy that would only make it
ten feet before he would just lay down and roll in the grass and go to
sleep. Few we had to carry back and that was know fun even if they liked
it. Cody has great muscle tone now and would go forever if we would let
him but we still stop and rest for a few moments after and hour or so.
Dan R
Cody&Kira
?