Re: [PyrNet-L] RE: puppy food switch

Jack Mowery wrote:

> I have a problem with this.  Using human nutrition as an example, let me
> explain.

(But did our guys run down to pet smart and say give me a bag to go ?How did
they ever survive all those years before we came along, out there looking for
there own food, yes many did not make it but enough to keep the breed going and
those that did not make it, will are we so great now that we make the decision
of life?)

We, here in the late 1900s are significantly taller and larger than the people
of the late 1800s.  In fact, the farther back you go the smaller people seemed
to be.  The largest suit of armor ever found was 5'8".(Maybe it had to do with a
near miss. Being tall verses being small.)

> Genetically, we have not changed significantly.  You can't breed taller
> people (using pretty much random chance) in 100 years, so where did the
> extra height and muscle mass come from?  Better childhood nutrition,
> particularly more protein and calcium.  Our forefathers simply did not reach
> their full genetic potential because of the lack of childhood nutrition
> available to us now.

(  I don't agree as to how we have changed over the many centuries that have
gone by and yes I feel one could breed genetically taller people. In some whys
we have changed for the better and in some I question as to how some of it came
about. ( Drugs, pollution ,enhanced foods, better medical care, who knows.)

> Are we stunting the growth of our dogs?

(Maybe but we may never have this answer for this. As we will never agree from
what test and how the test was done what is right and what was wrong.)

> To me the best way to determine when to make the switch would be to chart
> the growth of our pups.  You keep a record of weights (if not heights,
> also), do you not?  Seems to me the time to change over would be when the
> growth curve starts to level out (assuming the dog is getting sufficient
> exercise and not just putting on just fat).  This allows the nutrition the
> dog needs to fulfill the potential nature promised him at birth.

(Another chart I just don't know if this is the answer. As many of us I am sure
had our kids into the doctor from day one and looked at the Chart of his or her
growth and so on. are now as I am laughing my head off. My very little son the
one they said would be smaller then me, the one who lived on candy and cool-aid.
Who would eat very little meat and not touch his vegetables. That had to climb
the bus steps like a mountain to get into the school bus. Who I now hate to have
drive my truck because I feel like I am sitting in the back bed after he gets
his 6'2" out. Maybe I was looking at the chart upside down.Dan R.
Cody&Kira
?