[PyrNet-L] CHAT: Dog-induced diet???

   I keep saying I need to go on a diet, as I have gained a lot of weight.
Well, maybe the dogs overheard me and decided to do their bit to help me
along.  One day it sure seemed like I was on a dog-induced diet anyway:
   I'd been spending separate time with couch-potato dog Mattie in the house
watching TV. Then I made myself a wrap sandwich and then fed Mattie in the
entry and set down my sandwich while I put the clothes in the dryer. Came out
to see only the wrap part left:  Mattie had eaten the meat filling!!   I was
mad at her, so I gave Albert the wrap part (bread like a garlic herb
tortilla).
   Then I decided to take Albert on an outing to town to spend some separate
time with him.  So we went to town and walked all around town.  Then we went
to AM/PM for ice cream cones and burgers.  Albert had his cone and I had
mine.  ( I said that I keep saying I should go on a  diet, NOT that I was
dieting!!!!  LOL!!)  Then Albert was eating his burger and I was having him
do tricks for pieces of it so his would last longer, otherwise he wants mine,
too.  Well, Albert's one smart guy.  He figured out if when I say "Shake
hands"  that if when he raises his paw and allows it to come down (quite by
accident, of course) on my arm that then my burger goes flying into the air
and if he doesn't manage to catch it in flight then he'll still get to eat it
because it will land on the ground and I won't want to eat it!!!!  Of course
the tricky part is acting like it is all a tragic accident!!  ("Oops!!  Silly
me!!" Albert's look seems to say!!)  So he ended up with 2 burgers that day!!
And Mattie with a wrap sandwich and Albert with the wrap!!   I did get my ice
cream cone, but no snadwiches!!  Hmmmmm.... maybe there is an up side to this
dog-induced diet after all!!!!?????  Of course they'd love to get that ice
cream cone too!!!!  I hang onto it much tighter though!!!!!  LOL!!
   Now I have noticed that he is trying the same approach in a modified form
where Mattie is concerned:    I often have them both do tricks for treats.
Often when I am taking turns having them do tricks for treats when I say
"Shake hands" to Mattie Albert acts like I must surely mean him and he'll
raise his paw and either put it on my arm with the treat or else he will put
his paw on top of Mattie's head or neck!!  Either tactic designed I am sure
to get the treat before Mattie does!!  Maybe he's heard me say that she needs
to be on a diet and we need to watch how much food she eats????  Another
dog-induced diet????  This time a dog-induced dog diet!!

:)  &  :)```   (me grinning & Albert grinning & drooling!)

See Albert's photo at:
http://www.sonic.net/~cdlcruz/pyr-l/pyrlpix3.htm#Albert

Janice Vocke
MagEBroD@aol.com