Re: [PyrNet-L] Is anybody out there?

On 16 Jul 99, at 22:31, Sharon Stuck wrote:
> OK I give up---what are doggie crowns?  Are we talking teeth?

Yes, it's teeth.  When I got Sonny he was a return to breeder and I
got him shortly after he was returned.  It was found he had had 2
injuries into the mouth area, what the vet termed "trauma of some
kind", which resulted in 2 of the canine teeth being dead.  The time
period that this happened which the vet was able to determine from
the condition of the teeth coincides with the time period he was in
this previous home. Luckily both teeth were intact.  Instead of
pulling them I had them both root canaled and they were sealed
back up.  Considering what teeth they are and what he'd probably
been through I kinda thought he deserved to keep those teeth as
he had not been brought back in the best of condition and would
look kinda funny without them.  Now the crowns will be done.
There's a time period have after a root canal and crowns have to be
done as the teeth start getting brittle.  And doggie dentistry is just
as expensive as human dentistry.  Once you do this though it ends
the conformation ring showing according to AKC rules so went
ahead and neutered him.

Janice, janices@jump.net
Admiral & Linsey (newfs), Bianca & Sonny (pyrs)
http://www.jump.net/~janices/
Leander, TX