[PyrNet-L] Re: Chat: Anais's first Match

Well, I took Anais to her first Match this morning.  The heat was terrible.  I've never been in a show ring before,
nor has she.  She was the only Pyr in the 3-6 month class (is that the right term?) so she got 1st place and Best of
Breed.  Unfortunately, in the group, she was the only one of the five puppies not to get anything, but I guess it was
good experience for both of us.

I spoke to a woman after we were done who had come and found us when it was time to go into the ring. (I was in the
obedience ring - 1st time also with my IW)  She said that Anais was very pretty and she didn't want us to miss it.
She used to breed Pyrs.  Of course I am so shy and was so nervous that I didn't think to ask her name :( but I asked
if she thought we should keep trying to show Anais.  She said that we should.  She said that she has a "happy tail."
I can't even see what she's doing when I'm in the ring with her.  I have such "stage fright!"  Anais has one slightly
droopy eye that nobody except me seems to think is very bad, and her toes seem too long and "spread".  The woman said
that more exercise would help that, but she cautioned not in this heat, of course.  So I guess we'll try this a few
more times.  If anyone is at a show in NJ, just look for the short, fat woman who looks like she doesn't have a clue
what she's doing, and it will probably be me.

Stephanie & Anais